A few recent fitness favs to get your weekend off to a sweaty start!
1. 2-4-6-8-10 Workout – I’ve been loving pyramid workouts the past couple weeks. This one is a quick full-body number that has you do 2 reps of each move, then 4, then 6, 8, and finish with 10! I think next time I’ll try it in reverse… I’ve always been a fan of getting the tough stuff over with first. (Fitnessista)
3. 30 Minute Body Weight Tabata – This one’s a bruiser. And I secretly want Nicole’s workout wardrobe. She somehow makes sweating look glamorous! (Pumps & Iron)
4. Self.com’s Top Workout Tracks – So I recently discovered Spotify. I know. “Welcome to 2007,” you’re saying, right? I admit, it takes me a little while to catch on to certain things, particularly trendy technology. I was sold on Spotify the second I realized you can create playlists. It’s like modern-day mix tape. Only better. Here are 100 high-energy tracks to keep us movin’ & groovin’ through those tough workouts. (Spotify)
5. The Ultimate Gym Bag – Good news, I can finally join a gym! I have plans to check out a couple of nice ones downtown next week and Lindsay conveniently introduced me to these amazing bags yesterday. The laptop pouch sold me. They’re perfect for the commuting, working (out) girl. (Live Well 360)
6. How I Learned to Love Exercise – A fabulous article on one woman’s journey to learn to love exercise. I bookmarked it way back and have gone back to read it a couple of times. Favorite quote: “We’re cultivating your lifelong relationship with movement.” That is so key in making exercise fun and sustainable! (Elle.com)
Exercise: Love it or are you still cultivating your relationship? I’m a lover now but I’m feeling inspired to write a piece about my struggle to get there as well.