Right around the time Noah was born a large box from Diapers.com unexpectedly arrived at our doorstep. At first I thought the hubs had gone on a diaper delivery bender but, as it turns out, this box was a gift from our friend Anna, an experienced mom of 4. Inside was an assortment of her most favorite items for mom and baby including her favorite nursing pillow, some adorable and functional sleep gowns, muslin swaddles, soft, cotton bath linens, orthodontic-friendly pacifiers, gas relief drops and more. Such a great baby gift idea, no?
During my pregnancy I had spent countless hours researching everything from strollers and car seats to swaddles and breast milk storage bags and, while I felt like we had most of what we needed, this mom and baby box saved us on more than one occasion–like the first time Noah had a middle-of-the-night blowout and needed a clean sleep gown, quick. Or the first night he tried using me as a pacifier. #notcool
I loved the concept of the new mom box so much I’ve started sending them to my expecting friends as well. As soon as I found out one of my sweet friends was pregnant I started setting aside some of my favorite items for the mom-to-be.
In the box was a SollyBaby Wrap (I’m obsessed with mine!), sprinkled with some of the smaller items including:
- Little Remedies Gas Relief Drops – these have saved us on more than one occasion
- Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm – a great moisturizer for the occasional diaper rash or those random patches of dry, flaky skin
- Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Nipple Butter – a must during those first few weeks of nursing that’s less sticky and stain-y than lanolin
- Orthodontic-friendly pacifiers – not quite as cute as the soothies but better for gums and teeth
- WaterWipes – the purest wipes for those little buns and great for wiping faces too
- Muslin swaddles – you can never have enough
- Bamboobino baby washcloths – so, so so soft
and last but not least, a cute pregnancy tank top.
Oh and a fun card, of course.
For the smaller items like the Bottom Balm and WaterWipes, I actually just started ordering multiples of everything on Amazon and now have a little stash, either for when we run out or the next friend with baby on the way. Diapers would be another great item to include if you have some smaller sizes lying around that don’t fit your little one anymore.
Another reason I love the new mom box concept? It makes for a super personal baby gift that works for all budgets since you can add as few or as many things as you like!
Fellow mommas, what is one of your favorite baby gifts, either to give or receive?