A delicious way to replace unhealthy fats from butter with healthier fats by substituting with nut butter!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium over-ripe mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter (or other nut butter such as peanut)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup 60% cocoa bittersweet chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli)
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease bread pan with a little butter or cooking spray.
- Sift together flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a medium size bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat together bananas, butter, almond butter, sugars and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs and milk and beat until they are incorporated.
- Add flour mixture and stir (or beat on lowest setting) until just combined.
- Stir in the cocoa disks (chocolate chips).
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until your bread passes the toothpick test (a.k.a. no batter on toothpick when inserted into middle of the pan).
- When done, remove from oven and cool the pan on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle each slice with a pinch of sea salt before enjoying!