It’s #Elf4Health Season again! The Elf for Health Holiday Challenge is a four week challenge involving daily tasks, challenge winners, some awesome prizes, weekly newsletters and a Facebook group for support.
We will be sending out a weekly newsletter reminding you of the weekly challenges so look out for a confirmation email to confirm your participation & newsletter subscription. If you don’t receive a confirmation email, check your spam box. If you still can’t find a confirmation email, let one of us (Elle or Lindsay) know ASAP and we’ll add you to the list.
Print it out and hang it somewhere to remind you participate, or add it to your Google calendar!
The challenge will run from the Monday November 25th thru December 22, 2013.
Note: For those of you who participated last year, we’ve shortened the challenge by 2 weeks after realizing 4 weeks is the perfect amount of time for people to stay motivated and engaged in the challenge!
- Friday, November 22nd at midnight EST: Sign up deadline
- Sunday, November 24th: Round 1 Elf assignments emailed
- Monday, November 25th – Sunday, December 8th: Round 1
- Sunday, December 8th: Round 2 Elf assignments emailed; Round 1 “Best Elf” winners chosen
- Monday, December 9th – Sunday, December 22rd: Round 2
- Sunday, December 22nd: Round 1 “Best Elf” & participant grand prize winners chosen
If you miss the initial sign up deadline, you can still participate–just sign up before December 6th for Round 2!
The best part of the challenge is, you’ll have your very own elf to support and encourage you. This means, when you sign up, you will also be committing to be an elf for someone in return. We’re rematch elves after 2 weeks, so if you complete the whole challenge you’ll have two different elves, and 2 new friends at the end!
Since this challenge is internet based, anyone can participate, no matter where you’re located! All you need is access to the internet and an email address.
As an Elf, you are expected to support your assigned buddy with their holiday health goals and the daily challenges.
You are only asked to email your elf buddy 2 times per week:
- Monday: Send your buddy an email to help them with the challenges for that week. Ideas of things to include/attach: your own personal tips & tricks, inspiring words and/or images, a new, healthy recipe or workout to try.
- Thursday – Saturday: Any time during these days, check in with your buddy! For example, ask them if they tried a new recipe, workout, or had fun with any certain challenges. Feel free to tell them how you did with your challenges, too!
Anything more than those 2 emails is up to you but feel free to go above and beyond this to show your support! Just a few ideas: send your buddy Tweets, shout outs on our Facebook Page, email a fun workout you liked or send a hand written recipe or note. Elves & buddies will be reassigned after 2 weeks so that hopefully you get to meet 2 new people!
Prizes - We have some fabulous prizes from some of our favorite companies to give to the winners.
- 2 prizes for Best Elf, one awarded at the end of each round
- 1 grand prize for best participant awarded at the end of the challenge determined by participation, hashtagging and, of course, being an awesome Elf!
There will be a daily challenge winner chosen each day. Daily winners will be entered for a chance to win the grand prize!
Best elf prizes will given based on participation and nomination. If you love your elf, let us know so we can consider them for a Best Elf prize. Best Elf prizes will be awarded at the end of each round. Unfortunately, due to shipping costs, only USA residents are eligible to win prizes but we’d still LOVE to have you participate, even if you’re from somewhere else!
We’re partnering with some of our favorite brands who will be providing our top elves with some awesome swag!
Mizuno // The Almond Board of California // Naturebox // Manitoba Harvest //Cook Smarts // Bondi Band // Love Grown Foods // Kodiak Cakes // Nuttzo // Living Proof Gear
Did you sign up? If you’re a blogger, grab a button for your sidebar!
Make sure you’re following us for the latest updates, daily challenge reminders and winner announcements by social media!
Also, don’t forget to join the Elf for Health Facebook Group, too! We’ll be posting pictures and updates there as well.
And last but not least…
Whew! I think that’s everything! Let me know if you have questions! We’re excited to have lots of you join us for a happy, healthy holiday season!
Not clear about something? Email either myself or Lindsay!