Raw Kale Pesto Linguine

Kale Pesto thumbnail

Kale Pesto 3

When it comes to power greens, it’s nearly impossible for me to pass by a table full of kale without grabbing at least one bunch, whether or not I know what I’m going to do with it when I get home.

Sometimes it’ll end up in a salad, or a delicious breakfast skillet, but I’ll admit, lately all I want to do is stick my head in a bowl of pasta. I guess that’s what marathon training will do to a girl.

So when that happens and there’s a week-old bunch of kale in the fridge, this, my friends, is the delicious outcome: Raw Kale Pesto Linguine.

Kale Pesto 5

Toasted pine nuts, quality Parmesan and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice bring out the best of kale’s deep, earthy flavors. And let me tell you, this pesto is the perfect way to liven up any bowl of linguine, or add flavor to a crunchy crostini if you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer idea.

Kale Pesto 6

Kale Pesto 7

Oh, and did I mention just one bunch of kale makes a double batch ?

After thoroughly coating my linguine with half of the raw kale pesto, I popped the rest into the freezer for the next time I crave a big bowl of comforting carbs.

Kale Pesto 2

And with another eight weeks to go until the San Francisco Marathon, I have a feeling that day isn’t too far off.

Bon appetit!

10 Comments on Raw Kale Pesto Linguine

1. Helen
    June 11, 2014 at 7:14 pm (4 months ago)

This looks delicious, Elle! Pesto is my favorite! What a great idea to use kale in it. :)

2. Leslie @ With Love, Leslie
    June 10, 2014 at 11:21 am (4 months ago)

I just found your blog and I cannot wait to try this recipe! I love any kind of pesto!

Leslie

3. Bre & Ree
    June 9, 2014 at 3:17 pm (5 months ago)

Kale is my absolute favorite, this looks fantastic. Good luck with the last 8 weeks of training, and thanks for sharing this recipe. Can’t wait to try it!
    ~Bre

4. Sarah Grace
    June 9, 2014 at 2:33 pm (5 months ago)

I have a huge bunch of kale currently in my fridge. They may have to be made! Mmm mmm mmm.

xoxo Sarah Grace, Fresh Fit N Healthy.

5. Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run
    June 5, 2014 at 11:43 am (5 months ago)

I love making kale pesto! I’ve tried a few recipes from the web. It’s also great to spread on homemade pizza, but I typically go for pasta too. It totally makes a big bowl of carbs more healthful and guiltless — it’s KALE after all!

6. Elizabeth Halle
    June 5, 2014 at 9:43 am (5 months ago)

Love that kale is included. Definitely have to try it out!

xo

7. Nikki @ The Road to Less Cake
    June 5, 2014 at 9:12 am (5 months ago)

I love simple recipes that are full of flavour. Pesto and pasta are such a comfort food for me. I love the idea of adding kale for an extra nutrition boost.

8. Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat
    June 5, 2014 at 7:22 am (5 months ago)

Mmm this sounds great Elle! I’ve just started growing a little patio garden and kale and pesto are both in my planters. Soon I should have enough to make this pesto!

9. Swan
    June 5, 2014 at 6:55 am (5 months ago)

Love this recipe although I hate the taste of kale I want to find a recipe which will change my mind. Here’s hoping. Please read my blog I am looking for followers and cannot find the button for that tutorial, help.
    Bizzzzz,